One of the best acne cleansers you can make at home to save money on acne cleansers….
Purify oily, acne-prone skin with this gentle, astringent tea tree oil facial wash recipe. This aromatherapy recipe is one of the best acne cleansers I’ve found – powerful, but gentle enough for daily use.
This aromatherapy recipe for acne includes lavender, lemongrass and petitgrain to reduce oil production, plus aloe-vera and vegetable glycerin to repair skin and soften blemishes.
Tea tree essential oil kills breakout-causing bacteria and chamomile reduces redness and soothes skin irritation.
Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Lime Hydrosol OR Lavender Hydrosol
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Aloe Vera gel
- 3 drops Petitgrain essential oil
- 3 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 drop Chamomile OR Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (natural preservative)
Pour everything into a 200ml (or larger) dark glass or PET plastic bottle. Shake well to combine. Wait 24 hours before using to let the mixture “cure”.
To use, dampen your skin with warm water, then gently massage the tea tree oil facial wash into your skin. Rinse, pat dry, then apply astringent toner and moisturizer or acne treatment oil.